Senior Front-End Developer
About The Role
We're looking for a passionate and talented Front-end developer to join our team!
As a front-end developer at DonkeyMob you'll be involved in the planning and development of features for a variety of products including high traffic content sites, mobile apps, and enterprise affiliate marketing systems.
Your work will include the design and implementation of front-end applications using the latest technologies. You'll also be expected to take an active role in helping us plan standards and guidelines for the development of our software and communicating with stakeholders. You should develop a business sense for the products you're working on so that you can anticipate the technical needs of the business and our customers.
We're a growing team with little technical debt, so your ideas will have an impact on the technical direction of the organization and you'll get to spend your time helping build new products and features rather than maintaining old ones.
- Write clean and easy to maintain code following best practices in a team environment
- Involved in software design decisions
- Work in agile environment, horizontal with little overhead or walled gardens around teams
- Help QA, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues that arise with our software
- Mentor other teams in technical constraints and team members in front-end development
- Help in the development of standards, best practices, and processes for our team
- Understand the products you work on; Anticipate the needs of the business and our customers
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and methodologies and suggest them where appropriate
- Take responsibility for and carry features from inception to completion, be involved in the entire software development life-cycle
- Communication and collaboration with all stakeholders; qa, marketing, designers
- You will collaborate every day with back end devs!
- You will lead by example, inspiring teammates to do their best work and follow best practices!
- Mastery of modern HTML5 and CSS3 (FlexBox, Grid, Animation, Transition).
- Experience using CSS pre and post processors: SCSS, PostCSS, autoprefixer.
- Solid understanding of the DOM.
- Solid comprehension of Mobile First Responsive Web Design.
- Experience with Design Systems or CSS methodologies: Atomic Design, BEM.
- Experience using and configuring essential web development tools, such as, GIT, NPM, WebPack, Babel 7, etc.
- 3+ years experience building medium to large scale SPA project using React 16.8+, JSX
- Solid experience with state management and side-effects library Redux and Redux Thunk or Redux Saga.
- Familiarity with Front-end Security best practices.
- Experience with implementing authentication and authorization in SPA using JWT.
- Knowledge of web optimization techniques and good knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Some familiarity, exposure, or interest in user experience design.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with implementing client-side GraphQL with Apollo Client or Relay.
- Experience and have a deep understanding of TypeScript.
- Experience using css-in-js: styled-components, styled-system.
- Understanding of Web Components.
- Experience with other module bundler is a plus: Rollup and Parcel.
Return to Jobs
- Health, Dental, Medical Benefits
- Friendly and casual collaborative environment
- Hours: 10-6pm - miss the rush-hour traffic!
- Competitive Salary